Earth Stool | H69cm
FREE delivery over 80€ in the EU!
We will match any lower price!
Free shipping over 80€ in the EU
50-days to return this item!
Earth Stool is a circular bar stool designed by Danish architect Eva Harlou. Earth Stool is the result of a new innovative waste-to-value technique that enables Mater to reuse companies’ industrial waste, e.g. plastic waste and other fibre-based materials. The seats are made from insulin pens in collaboration with Novo Nordisk and coffee bean shells from BKI coffee or waste from Carlsberg’s beer production – the spent grain – mixed with post-industrial plastic waste. The technique is developed in collaboration with Danish Technological Institute with support from the University of Copenhagen. The waste materials are mixed in a unique compound suitable for press moulding – a method designed to reuse companies’ resources more efficiently. Earth Stool represents classic Scandinavian design with steel frames that make the bar stool elegant and timeless. The new ground-breaking production technique allows Mater to reuse waste materials and turn it into useful and unique design solutions. Created to support a circular design thinking and the UN SDGs: “Responsible Consumption and Production” (SDGs 12), “Climate Action” (SDGs 13) and “Partnership for the Goals” (SDGs 17).
• Wooden Seat: Length/Depth :27 cm Width :37 cm Height :69 cm,
• Novo Nordisk insulin pens & BKI coffee shell waste Seat: Length/Depth :27 cm Width :37 cm Height :69 cm,
• Beer waste & industrial plastic waste Seat: Length/Depth :27 cm Width :37 cm Height :69 cm
• Wooden Seat - 5,5 KG, • Novo Nordisk insulin pens & BKI coffee shell waste Seat - 5,5KG,
• Beer waste & industrial plastic waste Seat - 5,5 KG