Behind the Design | Papier-mâché w/ Marie Michielssen
Marie Michielssen, a long time designer for Serax, continues to create a mixture of both traditional and unconventional goods - letting every day moments inspire her. We've recently listed an eclectic selection of her pieces (staying true to her traditional as well as quirky designs!) but wanted to take a moment to highlight the Earth series - a collection of beautiful objects created using papier-mâché.
5 Interesting Facts about designer, Marie Michielssen
- The series was born out of her love of paper, print and the reuse of materials therefore reducing waste.
- After completing a degree in graphic design, she set out to establish her brand and soon connected with Serax.
- She has designed for Belgian brand Serax for over 20 years and is based in Antwerp.
- Continuously inspired by daily moments, her creations are always instinctive and sensitive to form and function.
- Of her creations she writes, “Whether I’m working with papier mâché, concrete or porcelain, with cheerful or soothing natural shades, vintage architecture or earth in its rawest form, each collection offers something totally different. Each piece conveys a story, a feeling, an idea, with harmony and fluidity.”
Papier Mâché Collection
Images via Serax
Quote reference via admagazine.fr